Cannabis & Workplace Safety
This online Safety Culture: Reasonable Suspicion, Cannabis & Workplace Safety course defines what positions are safety-sensitive and decision-critical. Know where your risks reside regarding workplace impairment, and identify the areas, tasks and personnel that have the greatest impact on safety. Ensure your Fitness for Duty Policy does not cite cannabis as an illicit substance and that the information provided within the document outlines the expectations regarding conduct in the workplace. And educate; don't just transmit information, but transfer understanding. Ensuring proof of competency is key in supporting all efforts taken to protect your people and maintain business continuity.
This Safety Culture: Reasonable Suspicion, Cannabis & Workplace Safety course is designed to teach learners how to:
- Identify and address physical and mental health safety hazards
- Identify workplace rights and responsibilities for the changing legal landscape
- Identify challenges including workplace best practices, policies and training
- Address the employee and the possibility of refusal
Course Content Includes:
This online course covers the following topics:
- Cannabis (marijuana) use and workplace safety considerations
- Workplace responsibilities: rights, obligations & accommodation
- Identifying and addressing safety hazards
- Marijuana and workplace safety best practices
- Reasonable suspicion
Approximately 60 minutes
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.