Hot Work: Safety Operations Training
This course features real-world industry professionals who drive home the dangers of hot work and the importance of using safe work practices.
This online Hot Work: Safety Operations Training course is designed to guide employees directly involved in hot work operations through the hot work process, helping to prevent injuries and damage to facilities. Specifically, it covers the basics of hot work, how to prepare for and protect yourself and others during hot work operations, and what to do after the job is complete.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the roles of the hot work operator, fire watch, and permit authorizing individual in hot work safety
- Identify the components of a completed hot work permit
- Recognize common hot work hazards and discuss ways to prevent them
- Describe how to arrange a fire-safe area for temporary hot work
Course Content Includes:
This online Hot Work: Safety Operations Training course covers the following topics:
- Hot Work Areas (designated areas, permit-required areas, prohibited areas)
- Roles & Responsibilities (management, hot work operator, fire watch, permit authorizing individual)
- The Hot Work Permit (hot work policy, parts of a permit)
- Hot Work Hazard Prevention (fires & explosions, toxic fumes & gases, harmful radiation, electrical shock, noise, combustible dust, falling objects)
- Preparing an Area for Hot Work (floors & surrounding equipment, walls or ceilings, enclosed equipment, confined spaces)
- Responding to an Emergency (call fire department, company-specific info)
- Concluding Hot Work (fire watch stays, removal of permit)
Approximately 30 minutes
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.