WHMIS 2015 and TDG
This online WHMIS 2015 and TDG course package covers the key elements of WHMIS 2015 and 1988, as well as the regulations governing the transportation of dangerous goods within Canada.
The WHMIS 2015 course covers key elements of WHMIS 2015 (GHS) , including WHMIS symbols and pictograms, supplier and workplace labels, material safety data sheets, safety data sheets, and worker training. After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of what WHMIS is, WHMIS responsibilities, key components of both versions of WHMIS, the hazards WHMIS protects workers from, WHMIS 1988 symbols, WHMIS 2015 pictograms, WHMIS 2015 hazard classifications, supplier and workplace labels for both versions of WHMIS, and material safety data sheets and safety data sheets.
The Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) course covers crucial information pertaining to the legal transportation of dangerous goods on Canadian roads. After completing this course, participants should know the regulations governing the transportation of dangerous goods in Canada; the 9 classifications of dangerous goods; the placards, labels, and accompanying TDG symbols required on vehicles and containers; documentation requirements when transporting dangerous goods; and requirements surrounding appropriate emergency response in the event of an accidental product release or spill.
Course Content Includes:
- What is WHMIS?
- Components of WHMIS
- WHMIS responsibilities
- How hazardous products enter the body
- Classes of hazardous products
- WHMIS 1988 symbols
- WHMIS 2015 hazard groups and classes
- WHMIS 2015 pictograms
- Supplier and workplace labels
- Consumer labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs) and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- Emergency Actions
- Personal Protective Equipment
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Online Course Topics
- The requirements for TDG training and certification
- Dangerous goods classification
- Packing groups
- Shipping name
- Compatibility groups
- Placards and UN numbers
- Label requirements
- Safety marks
- Packaging and vessel requirements
- Requirements for documentation
- The ERAP (Emergency Response Assistance Plans)
- Reporting requirements
- TDG schedules
Approximately 4.5 hours
- WHMIS 2015 (GHS) : Approximately 60 minutes
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG): Approximately 3.5 hours
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.